1. Talk Less and Listen More – Successful people are constantly learning and they know that when you speak, you only say what you know, but when you listen you have the opportunity to learn something new.
2. Exercise – Finding some form of daily exercise is extremely important for health. Whether that is running, lifting weights, or playing sports, it needs to be done. Most people say, “I don’t have time to exercise” Successful people say, “I don’t have time not to exercise.”
3. They Read – There is an abundance of wisdom and knowledge found in books. Successful people read every day; they are like sponges soaking up knowledge. A day is not fully complete until some learning has happened. Successful people are more proud of their library than their big screen TV
4. Positive Outlook – No one wants to be around people who are negative. Successful people are optimistic and always looking on the bright side. They see solutions, not problems. These people are upbeat and you want to spend time with them
5. Spend Time with Like-Minded People – John Wooden said you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Whether you realize it or not, you are becoming more and more like the people you spend time with. Successful people are extremely selective of where their time is being spent
6. Goal-Oriented – Having goals and being successful go hand-in-hand. Before going to sleep, successful people will frame up their goals for the next day. What they will do the next day is not left up to interpretation. They have a blueprint that they follow.
7. Investing Finances – People of success live within their means. Simply put: they don’t spend money that they don’t have. They have nobody to impress. They invest their money in assets and not liabilities.
8. Building Relationships – Successful people don’t go through life alone. Because they are solid individuals, people want to be around them. They are naturally relational, caring about other people and wanting to help them achieve their goals
9. They Give – They give of their time, their energy, their financial resource to help people they care about. The way to become successful is to care about helping other people
10. Sleep – People of success recognize the power of sleep. Most of us need 8 hours of sleep to function properly the next day. Successful people schedule adequate sleep into their lives to keep themselves running optimally.